Never did I believe that 3 days after a 50 mile run was I to be standing at the club in running kit ready to do a ~7 mile run with the promise of a 8:30 min/mile pace!To tell you the truth I had planned a slowish 20 km run tonight but on returning home there was a lovely chicken casserole with buckets of rice waiting for me and I was soon found snoozing on the sofa waking just in time to realise that I did not have time to run to the club so took the car instead.
This Dear Reader was the reason I chose the second fastest group tonight choosing quality over quantity and was mindful that I may have chosen wrongly considering my heavy weekend's distance. I was proved wrong as after the hill at the start the pace continued but I found that in fact I was not at the rear but was actually at the front and for about 3 miles as the pace setter!
What makes me really happy was I was pace setting without my Garmin, slowly, consistently pacing even on the hills ( that was until I was called to back off the pace).
Good run, the pack ably led by the loquacious Emma who kept the chat and moral up.

Wow, that is really impressive! All perfect!
ReplyDelete