As the inhabitants of England, Wales and Northern Ireland thank the powers that be who created the Banking and Financial Dealings Act 1971 allowing us to have a public holiday today I have had a quiet day musing over some college marking and small chores. As ever during these quiet days when nothing is really planned my mind drifted off to the thought that I needed to explore that path in the woods that I have never ventured down today as an excuse to get out.
I then looked at more serious matters as to my progress this month and how I was a little disappointed with the distances I had covered with my mileage falling short by a few miles and started cursing my tardiness by undercutting this week by about 7 miles! Then I thought to myself that it was a completely nonsensical that I was saying this considering the terrain I had run on yesterday and had run a ~30 mile back-to-back on trail and VERY steep hills with 450 feet ascents. Then I looked back to see I had run back-to-back-to-backs and even done a four day streak adding up to 38.4 miles (62 km). So forget about the quantity I have done some incredible quality as well.
Having spoken to George earlier (who appears to have fully recharged batteries after his Summer holiday) and taking into consideration that if I be truthful my legs are pretty tired I chose to listen to the voice of reason and rest today afterall tomorrow is another day and I have a marathon to race at the end of the week.


No comments:
Post a Comment