![]() |
| Click to enlarge |
The plan this evening was:
- Go for a run
- Enjoy it
After that there was no plan although secretly I craved to have some "Me" time and just get lost in my own little world as frankly I had enough of people today and wanted to enjoy the solace of being by myself.
As soon as I stepped from the door I found the rain coming down and though that instead of trudging a set piece route why not do some hill reps...so I did. Running around the corner I went to a private road that has a steep 1:5 rise and decided to do the following:
- Run at 90% effort for 50m
- Jog back
- Run at 90% effort for 100m
- Jog back
- Repeat 25 times
Then carry on up to the top of the hill and take the long loop home, by repetition 20 my lungs were busting but I was feeling very strong leg-wise. Great therapy tonight, loved the loneliness of the long distance runner.
I now have to do 2 sessions a week until the race so it looks like this is my Thursday training from now on with Sunday put aside for a full pack on the Downs.


No comments:
Post a Comment