With amazing organisational skills the Race Director, James Elson, and his team have been able to reroute the course, rally volunteers and even get me to jump in to do a 35 mile section which I am really happy to do as secretly I want to put my training on to a new level and test my resolve again.
Self supporting
So I am going to try and do this self-supported apart from water so will be carrying a few more calories than I normally would comprising:
- 2 x Choccy Flapjack
- 4 x Carb gels
- 6 x mini sausage rolls
Which is about 1200 calories of complete sugar and fat but with the temperatures set to drop down to minus numbers with the wind chill and rain I think I am going to need it. As I will be running during the day and along some roads I will also try and use shops along the way but I am sure I will be fine as I ran in January with the temperatures in -2C but have admit I was very hungry at the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment