This one has come up a little quicker than I would have wanted but it will be a challenge of my resolve and a desperate need to accomplish something again this year.
The Wealden Waters is a Long Distance Walker's Association (LDWA) challenge in which runners are invited to join in but starting after the walkers, the challenge is thus:
OBJECT: To complete a distance of either 100 or 40km on foot, within a time limit of 26 or 10 hours respectively, in the High Weald area of Kent and Sussex, using only a route description and OS maps.
I will of course be taking on the 100km challenge (actually 100.8 km!)
I received a message from my newly found trail buddy Alzbeta whom I met on the Pony Express ultra in May 2014 who lives in Kent and from the sound of it a very experienced long distance eventer and one tough cookie. In the message she announced the route description for The Wealden Waters were up and I was excited to see the following famous Kent and Sussex footpaths:
- High Weald Landscape Trail
- Sussex Border Path
- Tunbridge Wells Circular Walk
- Vanguard Way
- Wealdway
I am actually beginning to look forward to this as there is a minimum kit list which requires a full backpack which I always enjoy.


Looks like a great event. Definitely something to get excited about.
ReplyDeleteI'm "running" this with a couple of local running mates. At least one of us will have a maidstone harrier running top on. Looking forward to this. Done a few others before - 30 odd mile LDWA, but also a 62 mile lapped trail route before. Should be interesting!!
ReplyDelete