My priority at the moment is to get my heel better, it is one of those annoying injuries that come and go when you least expect it.
I thought I was fine last Thursday and padded out a warm up of 200 metres, stretch, 200 metres, stretch more, 400 metres, stretch. By the time I had go to the 400 metre section the pain in my heel was very unpleasant so I grabbed my jacket and went home, standing in the cold whilst listening to the local "know it all"* who was proud that he could say plantar fasciitis without spitting when in fact it was not that at all.
I have a new idea under my running hat at the moment which will be announced soon but my priority is to get this damn heel sorted. I am dutifully standing on my steps at home pushing down with my body weight to get a stretch in and then lifting my self up on one leg to stretch and strengthen my calf. I have to say that I am totally amazed by this stretch as it really felt like some of the scar tissue was releasing, a feeling like a bendy straw is is pulled. With that I am icing it and also using this wonderful microwaveable pad that warms the area.
I am not out of the woods yet but I do feel it is getting slightly better and then I can start training again.
* this was the same expert that told me in the middle of a race that bananas contained salt!


No comments:
Post a Comment