BOOM - I am out of the door.
I have spent too much time wallowing in my inner self and I have decided that I need to get going and set myself a few challenges. Looking around I remembered that there was a race that popped up on my running RADAR last year called the Saffron Trail Ultra organised by a great team called Challenge Running led by Lindley Chambers who is a seasoned ultrarunner and from past experience puts on a great race.
Breaking the news to the Delightful Mrs S was the biggest hurdle as she makes no secret for her desire for me to stop these adventures but this race has everything that I look for in a race as it is one of the more unusual ones that it starts at 6.00pm. So my calculations tell me that the sun sets at 8.47pm on 18/7/2015 and the sun rises at 05.00am on 19/7/2015 such as the majority of the beginning miles are in the dark when the temperatures are cool.
So after I told Mrs S of my intentions (Jeez, she has a sharp tongue) I mentally limped away to get my wallet and entered with the result email thus:
Hello Jeremy Smallwood
This is to confirm that you have signed-up for Saffron Trail Ultra. The organiser has added information that you need to know about the event, to the bottom of this email receipt. A copy of this email has been sent to the organiser.
Wow and so we have it,a new challenge. More to follow over the coming weeks.


Mr. S. The biggest hurdle has been done, Mrs. S.! So now go out there, train with your buddies and have fun!
ReplyDelete