The plan this weekend was to meet up with some runners at the now hallowed High Elms car park now called The HEROS car park. I had volunteered myself to be the "leader" or better known as "Follow Jerry he has planned a route".
Much to my joy twelve other runners joined me in the car park and at the stroke of 8.00am I called to gather and blurted out the route and we were off. I felt great as we strutted up the hill but then noticed my breathing was becoming very laboured, my pulse rate was going through the roof and I then started wheezing. I decided to take a breather but my heart rate was still up and much to my embarrassment the pack were all waiting for me at the top such that I tried to take the lead again but the wheezing was getting worse and so I called to Brian who has years of experience running in the area to take over.
Bidding my farewells I limped off to the car park feeling utterly miserable that this was the last nail in the coffin for my running and that I would have to start all over again.
Probably the worst run in the history of this blog.


No comments:
Post a Comment