So there it lay, by my side, on the train... a freeby newspaper announcing the Icelandic volcano and the promise of lavendar sunsets. With such news wafting in front of my eyes it was like a red rag to a bull. I ate my meal with the family and then sneaked off upstairs and got my running kit on, afterall I had 2.5 miles of trail running to do to get to my chosen vantage point, a National Trust woodland area and I had to get there no later than 7.57 pm.
Staggering up the hill I had dreams of a purple sky but for some reason felt disappointed when I saw a glorious Peaches and Cream sunset through the Springtime woodland. Even though I felt a bit wobbly and sore it just made me happy...
After the sun dipped below the horizon I pottered off back on the trails where I am supposed to be....Jezza Bear is back in the woods at last.

This is truly amazing. We saw similar sunsets in Baja, Mexico after the eruption of Pinatubo. Truly amazing though the color was not as intense as in you photo. I am a bit envious. Beautiful shot.
ReplyDelete