I have been asked a number of times about my race box and what I mean when I mention it in correspondence.I first started using my race box at my 12 hour race at Crawley in April 2010 and is used to store the food, drinks and equipment that I will need for the race that I won't be carrying. It is particularly useful for circuit races when I need to keep all my "stuff" in one place amongst other runners equipment. I have a basic list of the type of stuff I have in it and include:
- Carb gels
- Food
- Milkshakes
- Plasters and basic first aid kit
- Spare socks
- Vaseline
- Dry shirt and shorts
- Bottles of tap water (I don't trust race water as it is often taken from outside taps)
- Nuun
The list can go on and is limited to the size of the box and also I have to carry it to and from the run.

No comments:
Post a Comment