That is how I feel like at the moment after having had to sit in on 5 hours of presentations in the centre of London whilst looking at the sunshine outside, to limp home on a packed train then miss out on running club due to my nagging ankle and knee.I had just settled down to put some final comments on some marking when at 7.30pm there was a ring at the bell and there was my buddy Rob bedecked in club kit wanting to know if I wanted to run to the club and had to decline. It was then made worse about an hour later when the delightful Mrs S called up to tell me that a whole pack of runners had just trampled past our house waving happily as they passed....and I was forestalled sitting at my desk marking itching to get out there in the evening sunshine.
Now totally distracted and my concentration evaporated I went downstairs for a cuppa and walking in I whinged about my foot and said:
"Look, it is bloody frustrating, it bloody hurts but I can stand on my tiptoes, like so and......" with that my foot made an audible CLICK enough for Mrs S to grimace and I was amazed to find that some of the pain disappeared, a big grin appeared acroos my chops and then I was met with a wifely order:
"NO, you are not going to the running club"
and there I was again forestalled and now thoroughly miserable.

Hope that click did the trick and that you can get running real soon. Take care!
ReplyDeleteThanks Johann, I am not out of the woods yet but it has made a real difference to the foot but I will see how I feel tomorrow and possibly go for a trot around the park where the ground will be soft and I can rest where necessary
ReplyDelete