So there we have it, no run this morning but I was determined to get a run in today one way or the other. After ensuring some of my chores had been done I left the house at 4.30 pm with the intention of running 24 miles along two main roads which are joined by about 6 miles of country road.It soon came apparent that I had misjudged the weather as at mile 8 a swathe of clouds came rolling in which must have every type of wet weather in it ready to dump on me during that 6 miles. In that period I had rain, hail and even snow at one point all that with a failing headtorch (please remind me to change those pesky batteries)
On arrival at the other end, I was 14 miles into my run, 10 miles to go with the route pointing mainly down so it was a matter of digging in and toughing it out. As the last bits of snow battered my face, I pulled up my Buff, pulled down my cap and dreamed of a cup of tea.
Great run, made epic by the horrific weather and the spooky 6 mile run along the country roads...but as usual great.

Gosh, you are tough to run in such weather.
ReplyDeleteAre you guys getting some of that storm that is battering western Europe? I saw some pics on BBC website and it seems continental Europe got it really bad. There was even one runner who got killed by a falling branch. I grew up in Poland and I remember only once in my 20sth years there a storm that uprooted trees. Now such storms seem to be very common.