I found this brilliant podcast from WNYC RadioLab called Limits
This is a really interesting broadcast that talks about the limits of the human body and what makes an athlete doing endurance events overcomes the body's need to quit. Download here...Limits
Once you have had a chance to listen to it watch the video of Julie Moss in Ironman 1982. It is uncomfortable watching but still amazing
Red scratching in the coffin dust
7 months ago

I love Radio Lab and this is a wonderful podcast. Thanks for posting.
ReplyDeleteGreat Post. Just after I ran my 1st race, Orpington 10k 2008 I announced to Mark T that I was going to run a marathon 6 months later. He then showed me the clip of Julie. Not sure whether he was trying to put me off but I found it inspirational.
ReplyDeleteAmazing clip shows incredible mental strength. I love hearing stories of people really pushing themselves to the edge and also pushing back the boundaries.
ReplyDeleteGreat post