At the challenge I dropped out at 32.75 miles after problems with heat and the trip hurting me badly. Since then I have run about 200 miles and each run I have ended in pain down my left buttock extending to my thigh and hamstring area, not pleasant.
During my Canada trip this became increasingly worse and noticeable when sitting in a car seat or in an airplane, something I did a lot of during my 2 week stay so I made an appointment to see Mike a trained sports physio to get me sorted out before next week.
Within minutes Mike had diagnosed me with Piriformis Syndrome, a contraction of the piriformis muscle putting pressure on my sciatic nerve causing secondary pain. A push here, a yank there and then a horrific stretch and the the pain seemed to melt away. I was then told of some exercises and was sent on my way.
I am sure he practises witchcraft!

That Mike guy, any chance he would like to move to San Francisco Bay Area? We need more witchcraft here.
ReplyDelete